® immunoglobulin heavy chain/light chain analysis.
Hevylite® (HLC), a new assay now available from Binding Site, promises to transform the way patients with B cell dyscrasias are managed, just as the Freelite® assay has done.
In summary Hevylite® assays offer:
1) Higher sensitivity than serum protein electrophoresis for quantifying monoclonal immunoglobulins
2) Numerical results for patients at a sensitivity as high as or better than immunofixation electrophoresis
3) Clinical value when monitoring patients with monoclonal gammopathies
4) HLC ratios which have a greater range of changes than monoclonal immunoglobulin measurements because the non-tumour immunoglobulin allows assessment of immunosuppression
5) HLC ratios which are not affected by changes in blood volume, haematocrit and variable metabolism (via FcRn receptors for IgG) that affect current assays for serum immunoglobulins
6) HLC ratios that provide information about the tumour selective killing rate versus non-tumour plasma cell kill rates. The assessment of selective tumour killing rates may help with decision making regarding effective chemotherapiesHevylite
assays were developed by Binding Site
Binding Site expertise in the manufacture of antibodies line of Business guarantees a quantifiable, highly specific, automatable free light chain assay for serum